Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All about family: Finance powwow puts focus on future


By Jen Kayton
Posted by: Scarlett Lu

I have certain parts of my life for which I don't enjoy setting time aside. For example, organizing files, dusting, cleaning baseboards and garages, paying bills, updating my calendar, sorting through a child's outgrown clothes.

Even more, I do not particularly enjoy setting aside a Saturday morning to discuss my family's financial status.

Adding up debt, estimating annual daycare cost, and discussing income levels can be a bit stomach churning to say the least- especially given a recent decision on my behalf to become self- employed in order to grow a business.

Last weekend, my husband and I did have that exact Saturday morning meeting. The family was packed and ready to head to a park by 10.

This meeting was set between my husband and a former colleague of his who currently works for New York Life. While our kids dispersed to swings, slides, and monkey bars, we got down to the nitty gritty.

Where do you work?


What is your current life insurance policy?


What kind of savings do you contribute to?


No comments:

Post a Comment